How far in advance should I begin my search?
Usually brides begin their search around a year before their wedding and tend to make a decision around 6 months before the big day. A good time to start is after you have booked your venue, then you will know what the surroundings and themes will be, which will definitely help your decision-making process with the dress.
Do I need to book an appointment?
Yes, we do appointments on a private, one to one basis (unless it’s a special event), the best way to book is to click on ‘book an appointment’ or call 02380 638602 and we will be happy to help you out.
How long do appointments last?
Our bridal appointments last an hour and a half, and our bridesmaid appointments last an hour.
How many people can I bring to the appointment?
We recommend you bring around 3-4 people with you, you can bring more but the seating may be limited.
What do I need to bring with me?
Nude underwear and strapless bra is always good to bring, we have bridal shoes in all sizes.
Can I take photos?
We do allow photos; however, it is recommended that you don’t take any only because they aren’t taken by a professional photographer and so what you feel at the time of trying a dress on and what you see in a photo may differ and therefore this will make things harder with the decision-making process.
How long does it take for a dress to come in?
Dresses usually take around 6-9 months to make, certain designers can stock certain sizes in dresses, but this is never guaranteed.
I’ve found the one! What is the next step?
After you have found ‘the one’, we will take measurements and confirm the size you wish to go for, as well as the colour. You will then be given our terms and conditions to read and sign. A deposit of 50% is required upon all orders (unless you are buying a sample dress in which case the dress is to be paid in full and taken away on the day). The dress will arrive around 3 months before the wedding (unless stated otherwise), you will be notified when the dress is in, and it is at this point you will need to come in, check that you are happy with the dress and pay the remaining 50% deposit. We can then keep and store the dress until alterations are needed.
Who does my alterations?
We have a recommended third party who does all our alterations, however if you choose to use your own seamstress that is absolutely fine. If you choose to go with our seamstress, we recommend having your first fitting 6 weeks before, and your second 2 weeks before the wedding.
What happens when all my alterations are finished?
When the dress is finished, you will need to book another appointment with us to then have the dress steamed, this is done whilst you wait and is free of charge.
1. What do you do with my personal data?
We use your data to provide you with the best service we can, including –
• Keeping you up to date with your order, fitting appointments, events and promotions.
• Legal or regulatory reasons.
2. How long will you keep my personal data?
We keep your information while you are our customer and afterwards for a variety of reasons. We will only keep it for as long as we need to.
3. Who do you share my personal data with and why?
We won’t share your data with any other third party.
4. What data do you hold about me?
All data we hold comes directly from you. It includes name, address, contact details, when you are getting married, and your dress and accessories details.
5. What rights do I have?
You have the following rights –
• To be informed of how we use your personal data
• To update your personal data
• To ask us to delete your personal data, although we may have to retain it for legal reasons for a period of time.
• To object to the use of your data and ask us to restrict it, however we may legally be allowed to refuse.
• The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
6. How do I change my marketing preferences?
• You can opt out of any marketing communications by following the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.
• We will never give your information to any third party.
7. How do you ensure that my data is secure?
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
8. How can I contact you?
You can contact us at any time at –
Ava Louise Bridal Wear
74 Bedford Place